OUR WRITING SERVICES
Our team of expert writers prepare bespoke documents to help you stand out in the job search including:
• Cover Letters
• LinkedIn Profiles
• Professional Biographies
OR CALL US ON 0207 043 2684
WHO WE ARE
CV Pilots is an executive CV writing firm that works with driven, successful applicants at all stages of their careers.
Our Founder and Managing Partner, Matt Glodz, studied business communication at Cornell University and worked top global corporations. Now based in London, he has been writing CVs for over eight years.
He observed what drove the decision making of recruiters and hiring managers first-hand, noting that qualified candidates were frequently denied interview opportunities due to poorly written documents.
At CV Pilots, Matt and his team leverage their solid business and writing backgrounds to craft CVs that give their clients the best chance of landing interviews.
- Our writing experts have studied at top-tier and Oxbridge universities
- We are a Member of the Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches - the global association for CV and resume writing
- All documents are reviewed by a Certified Professional Resume Writer
OUR PREVIOUS CLIENTS
- CEO of Fortune 50 company
- Director of Global Real Estate for a major bank
- Chief Scientific Officer in pharmaceuticals
- Head of Digital Marketing in eCommerce
- Corporate Counsel in media
OUR SECTOR-SPECIFIC EXPERTISE
We have prepared CVs for clients across all major sectors and career levels.
- Real Estate - Property Developments, Real Estate Agents, Facilities Managers
- Finance - CFOs, CEOs, Investment Bankers, Wealth Managers, Financial Planners, Private Equity Fund Managers
- Consulting - Consultants and Group Leaders in Strategy, Technology, Tax and Finance Consulting
- Sales and Marketing - Digital Media Directors, OOH Specialists, Account Managers
- Hospitality - Hotel and Restaurant Managers, Revenue Management and Pricing Managers
- Oil and Gas - Measurement Engineers, Commercial Managers, Deal Origination and Business Development Professionals based in the Middle East
- Human Resources - Heads of Human Resources, HR Business Partners, Internal Recruiters, Training and Development Managers
- Education - Administrators, Superintendents, Professors
- Retail - CEOs, District Managers, Procurement Specialists
- IT - Group Heads, Agile Project Managers, Penetration Testing Experts, Product Managers, Development Leads
- Science and Medicine - Scientists, Drug Development Researchers, Doctors, Nurses
- Communications - Heads of External Relations, PR Specialists
Our highly-personalised writing process results in achievement-orientated documents that help you stand out from other similar applicants.
We tell your story from the best angle possible while also optimising your document for AI recruitment tools such as applicant tracking systems.
Step 1: Initial Questionnaire
As soon as you place your order, we will email you our questionnaire and details regarding next steps.
Our questionnaire allows us to gather information regarding your past experience and ask about the positions you intend to apply for.
We will review your questionnaire prior to our phone call and prepare targeted follow-up questions that will allow us to focus on ways in which you added value to the organisations you were a part of.
Step 2: Phone Consultation
Our phone consultation, which typically lasts between 45 minutes to an hour, is a central component of our writing process.
Its purpose is to help us put together the strongest CV possible by discussing your:
• Job search status
• Target positions
• Career goals
• Previous work experiences
• Questions and concerns
This interaction tends to be the most valuable component of working with a CV writer (and doubles as excellent interview preparation!).
Step 3: Writing
After your call, we'll get right to work! You can expect to receive your drafts within five business days.
Step 4: Draft Review and Revisions
Once your drafts are ready, you’ll have a chance to provide feedback. We'll work with you to make any tweaks, if needed.
OUR WRITING SERVICES
PROFESSIONAL BIO PREPARATION
An executive bio can be a powerful tool to boost your credibility – whether that’s at a speaking engagement, to help drive business or to promote your company.
A CV and professional bio are both personal marketing documents, but they are used in different contexts.
CVs are generally used to apply for a job. They are written in third person, follow a conventional structure and are predominantly based on facts and achievements.
Professional bios, on the other hand, provide a more informal narrative that serves as a compelling elevator pitch.
Who needs a professional bio
Professionals of all experience levels can benefit from a bio.
As an executive, you should have a long and short version of a professional bio to use on:
• Corporate or personal websites
• Company marketing brochures
• Blog posts
• Conference materials
If you are a student, you can use yours as a LinkedIn summary or on the web page of a campus organisation you are a part of. You never know who might come across it!
Can I speak with you before I decide to move forward?
We're happy to walk you through our process and discuss your particular needs in more detail before you purchase a service.
You can call us on 0207 043 2684 or book a informational call here.
Have you written a CV for my industry?
We have worked with clients from most sectors spanning everything from finance to marketing to pharmaceuticals.
When choosing a CV writer, remember that the most important attributes to look for are not niche expertise but their:
1) Quality of writing
2) Ability to ask pertinent questions, leading to an impactful document that drives results
3) Tailored and bespoke service
CV writing is also a collaborative process. During your consultation, we’ll clarify your goals and ensure that we have a strong understanding of your particular niche before we get to work.
Do you offer a guarantee?
Your CV is just one component of the job search process, and as a result, we cannot guarantee that you will receive interviews or job offers as a result of using our services.
No trustworthy CV writer can or should guarantee placement. Too many variables beyond our control such as your fit for a particular role, quality of other applicants and interview results can influence a hiring decision.
However, you can be confident that we will help you to identify and highlight your strongest credentials and communicate them effectively to the recruiters.
For additional details regarding our refund policy, please see our Terms of Service.
What do your CVs look like?
We design all our documents to adhere to the highest professional standards and incorporate design elements that make your CV and cover letter visually inviting, maximise skim-value and draw the reader’s attention to the most important information on the page.
You can view examples of what your documents will look like on our package pages.
We do not produce documents with extensive colors, images or graphic design because we find that they are not well received by recruiters in most professions and are not always compatible with applicant tracking systems (ATS).
To learn more about our approach to CV design, please see this article.
Do you work with international or out-of-state clients?
Yes! We work with clients from all over the UK and around the world including Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
We’ll conduct your initial consultation over the phone or via a Zoom conference call, so we can help no matter where you are based.
We also tailor your CV's content and formatting based on where you intend to apply for jobs.
If you are based in the US or Canada, please visit our sister company, Resume Pilots.
Will I get to provide input during the writing process?
However, we may push back and challenge your recommendations if they do not conform to industry best practices or would not be in your best interests.
That said, we will work with you and make requested changes to ensure you are satisfied with your final document.
I’m not sure if I will benefit from your services or if my CV is already in good shape. Can you look at it before we get started?
Sure! Please upload your CV here.
We only work with clients if we believe we will be able to add value.
We will get back to you with feedback on how we can improve your document, if needed.
Why are you priced higher than other CV writing services?
Simply put, we put a significant amount of time into understanding your background and crafting your document.
The time devoted to each client includes:
• reviewing your initial documents
• a one-on-one phone consultation
• outside research
• a follow-up call (if needed)
All of these components tend to be equivalent to at least a full working day.
We know for a fact that many larger CV writing companies offer a much more automated service and frequently outsource their writing internationally.
Our clients hire us because we promise and deliver on exceptional quality.
We pride ourselves on the strength of documents we produce and price our services accordingly.