Tips & Tools From Our Career Advice Blog
We compiled tools and articles from our career advice blog to help you prepare the strongest CV and cover letter possible.
By referencing these resources, you will be able to:
- Optimise your CV for applicant tracking systems
- Learn what recruiters expect to see in an executive CV
- Write a CV and cover letter that differentiate you from similar applicants
Free CV Optimisation Tools
- CV Metrics Tool: How to Add Metrics & KPIs to Your CV
- Negative Keywords Tool: 10 Words to Remove from CV to Instantly Increase Credibility
- [COMING SOON] Keyword Optimisation Tool: How to Tailor Your CV to a Job
Must Reads & Recruiter Perspectives
- What Do Recruiters Expect to See in an Executive CV?
- How To Write Standout CV Bullet Points That Land Interviews
- 6 Key Recruitment Trends You’ll See in 2021 [Recruiter Perspectives]
- 10 Tips for Working with Recruiters
- How to Write a Compelling Executive CV [with Examples]
- Should I include a professional summary on my CV?
- Should I include an objective on my CV?
- How To List References On CV
- What are the three main types of CV formats?
- How To List Online Courses on CV & 5 Reasons You Should
- Should your CV be in past or present tense?
Keyword Optimisation & Applicant Tracking Systems
- How ATS is Used for Recruitment & CV Screening
- 3 Ways to Help Your CV Beat the Bots
- ATS Keyword Optimisation Tips That Work [Research Based]
Cover Letter Advice
- How to Write a Cover Letter [Comprehensive Guide & Template]
- 7 Cover Letter Mistakes Recruiters Hate to See
- How Long Should A Cover Letter Be?
- Sales and Marketing Cover Letter Sample [6 Reasons It Works]
CV Formatting Tips
- Your CV Should Not Be Instagramable
- 5 CV Formatting Pitfalls to Avoid
- What Font Should You Use on a CV?
- Make Your CV Line Spacing and Margin Size Perfect
- How Long Should A CV Be?
- How To Improve Your CV's Layout and Readability
- What is the difference between an academic and professional CV?
- 5 Ways to Make Your CV Easier to Read
What NOT to Do on Your CV
- Top 10 CV Mistakes That Drive Recruiters Mad
- 8 Inconsistencies That Will Break Your CV
- 5 Things NOT to Put on a CV
- Ten Things That Never Belong on a CV
Working with CV Writers & Career Coaches
- Are CV Writing Services Worth It?
- How to Choose a Top Executive CV Writer
- What to Expect During Your CV Writing Consultation
- CV Pilots' Favorite Client Reviews
- Vice President of Real Estate CV Sample [10 Reasons It Works]
- How to optimize your CV and LinkedIn for a career switch
- How to Email a CV [with Sample]
- Frequently Asked Questions About CVs
- CV Pilots' 2020 Reviews
About CV Pilots
CV Pilots is an award-winning executive CV writing, career coaching and outplacement firm. Our previous clients include CEOs and senior executives at the world's leading companies.
Here's how we can help you:
CV, Cover Letter and LinkedIn Writing: After a one-hour phone consultation, one of our expert writers will prepare your top-quality personal marketing materials from scratch.
Career Transitions: A powerful combination of our document writing and career coaching services helps position you to secure a new role.
We're a proud member of the Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches. All of our writers have studied at top-tier universities and have solid industry experience.